- ONLINE X's & O's
- COACHING VIDEOS
- HOT PRODUCTS
The Speed Report: Developing Reaction Speed for DBsby: Dale Baskett
Football Speed Specialist
© December 2006
When developing a defensive back for speed we must consider the multitude of athletic speed requirements they must perform:
• Linear burst speed for short distances.
• Linear speed for lengthly distances.
• Backpedal speed at varying velocities and angles.
• Change of direction speed at high velocity, sudden angle changes.
• Multi-movement combinations, backpedal to lateral to sprint, etc!
• Curve speed, abitity to sustain velocity while sprinting on an arc trajectory.
• Lateral speed with multiple accels and decels.
• Change of pace speeds, dictated by receiver movement (pure athletic speed reaction).
• Closing speed, coming off one angle and accelerating to another angle.
• Open field acceleration and....The full article can only be seen by subscribers.
||SUBSCRIBE||ONLINE COLUMNISTS||COACHING VIDEOS|
Copyright 2017, AmericanFootballMonthly.com
All Rights Reserved