AMERICAN FOOTBALL MONTHLY THE #1 RESOURCE FOR FOOTBALL COACHES
A Complete Summer Conditioning Programby: Antoine Sharp Football Strength and Conditioning Coach Kent State University
© More from this issue
Each program has different goals when it comes to strength and conditioning training during the winter months and then in the summer:
• Conditioning is not a focal point.
• Time to develop size and strength.
• Fine tune mechanics and speed and agility (linear and deceleration).
• Learn to carry the new weight.
• Develop max strength and peak power.
• Prepare the athlete to deal with the extremes of fall camp.
Four Day Split
• Monday - Linear speed/plyos/compete.
• Tuesday - Team conditioning.
• Thursday - Programmed agilities/plyos/compete.
• Friday - Team conditioning (for four quarters).
• Monday - Linear speed/plyos/reactive compete.
• Tuesday - Team conditioning met....The full article can only be seen by subscribers.
NOT A SUBSCRIBER?
now to start receiving our monthly magazine PLUS get INSTANT
unlimited access to over 4000 pages of 100 percent football coaching
information, ONLY available at AmericanFootballMonthly.com!
Copyright 2023, AmericanFootballMonthly.com
All Rights Reserved