- ONLINE X's & O's
- COACHING VIDEOS
- HOT PRODUCTS
Wide Receiver TechniquesPhilosophy Toward the Position
by: Scott Criner
Offensive Coordinator, Bishop Kelly High School, Boise, ID
© June 2007
Our receivers are taught the techniques of receiver play by looking at the positions needs. We break the techniques required to play wide receiver into eight distinct categories.
* Pre-snap - which includes stance and pre-snap defensive, reads.
* The release - which includes the escape versus press coverage and the drive release versus hard or soft coverage.
* The stem.
* Body control - which includes the head-fake or head-bob and body mechanics at the break point.
* Separation from the defender.
* Spacing within the route structure.
* The Catch
1. Two point stance is standard.
2. Outside foot back (we do let the receiver's use the inside foot back in certain situations).
3. Assume the same sta....The full article can only be seen by subscribers.
||SUBSCRIBE||ONLINE COLUMNISTS||COACHING VIDEOS|
Copyright 2018, AmericanFootballMonthly.com
All Rights Reserved